Many Worlds

Please login as the character you wish to post as.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Many Worlds

Please login as the character you wish to post as.

Many Worlds

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Many Worlds

Harrowing adventures through our many worlds

How do I make a dice roll?

Sithlyone
    Sithlyone
    Admin

Character sheet
    Experience:
    ExperienceNameName
    CharacterCharacter
    Character LevelCharacter Level
    Current XPCurrent XP

Health:
    HealthPointsPoints
    TotalTotal
    CurrentCurrent

How do I make a dice roll? Empty How do I make a dice roll?

Post by Sithlyone Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:58 am

How to roll a dice?

Often times you will want to accomplish a task and this will require you to make a dice roll. Your GM will instruct you what to roll and may tell you the number of dice to roll and/or if you have any modifiers. As of right now, the way you roll a dice follows.

(You cannot roll dice in the quick reply section. You either have use the "Add Reply" button or "Quote" button)

Click "Add Reply" or "Quote" button
    Click "More or Less" button (White square box with three dots) on right side above text box
    Click "Dices Roll" button (black square box that looks like a dice with 6 pips on it) on right side
    Click the Dice that resembles that dice that you wish to roll.

Once you select the appropriate dice type, you will see bbcode that has square bracketing.

If you need to roll more than a single dice of that particular type, you can put them amount between the two square bracketed "Rolls". This will roll multiple numbers of dice for that particular type of dice.

Your GM may also tell you how he/she wishes you to write your dice roll.

For example: They may wish you to write your roll in a particular way so that it is formatted in a way that is easier for them to decipher and keep tract of. They will tell you this in their instruction packet, but it may look something like the example below. Feel free to try it out here and give it a wirl.

EDIT: Found another way to roll dice.

If you scroll below the text box after you select "Post reply" or "Quote" you'll notice on the left side you'll see "Dice Roll". It is pretty simple to use, you can even use multiple dice at the same time.

Last edited by Sithlyone on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sithlyone
    Sithlyone
    Admin

Character sheet
    Experience:
    ExperienceNameName
    CharacterCharacter
    Current XPCurrent XP

Health:
    HealthPointsPoints
    TotalTotal
    CurrentCurrent

How do I make a dice roll? Empty Re: How do I make a dice roll?

Post by Sithlyone Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:03 am

Admin wrote:How to roll a dice?

Often times you will want to accomplish a task and this will require you to make a dice roll. Your GM will instruct you what to roll and may tell you the number of dice to roll and/or if you have any modifiers. As of right now, the way you roll a dice follows.

(You cannot roll dice in the quick reply section. You either have use the "Add Reply" button or "Quote" button)

Click "Add Reply" or "Quote" button
    Click "More or Less" button (White square box with three dots) on right side above text box
    Click "Dices Roll" button (black square box that looks like a dice with 6 pips on it) on right side
    Click the Dice that resembles that dice that you wish to roll.

Once you select the appropriate dice type, you will see bbcode that has square bracketing.

If you need to roll more than a single dice of that particular type, you can put them amount between the two square bracketed "Rolls". This will roll multiple numbers of dice for that particular type of dice.

Your GM may also tell you how he/she wishes you to write your dice roll.

For example: They may wish you to write your roll in a particular way so that it is formatted in a way that is easier for them to decipher and keep tract of. They will tell you this in their instruction packet, but it may look something like the example below. Feel free to try it out here and give it a wirl.

I wish to attack "target number 1". I want to use my blaster pistol 3d6+2

Attack roll +2
    Sithlyone carried out 1 launched of one D20 :

If my attack is successful, Damage Roll +2
    Sithlyone carried out 3 launched of one D6 :
    4 , 2 , 3
    Sithlyone
    Sithlyone
    Admin

Character sheet
    Experience:
    ExperienceNameName
    CharacterCharacter
    Current XPCurrent XP

Health:
    HealthPointsPoints
    TotalTotal
    CurrentCurrent

Post by Sithlyone Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:10 am

Notice in my example that I quoted the information my attack was responding to. Your GM may not require this but it could make it easier so that all of your rolls are known for which action they are being used for.

The GM will add your rolls with their bonuses.

Also notice that I specifically stated what my attack was directed towards. And that I rolled both my attack and damage rolls in the same post. This will speed up your process and the GM won't have to wait on your responses to resolve the action. If your roll is not successful then your damage roll will be ignored.

A good rule of thumb is to give as much information as possible in a succinct manner so that wrong assumptions aren't made on your intentions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 04, 2024 7:17 am